Two weeks have passed since C started Primary 1. As a first-time parent of a P1 student, anxiety was (and still is!) inevitable. There were lots to prepare, and I benefitted from tips by experienced parents. Besides the usual school textbooks, school bag and water bottle, there were some items that I would have overlooked if not for friendly reminders 🙂
For those who might be in the same situation, here’s a list of some items that might be useful:
1. Label printer – for labelling all belongings. C received this as a thoughtful gift (many thanks to E and C!)
2. A small wallet with change – it’s easier for children to give the exact amount.
3. Spring clip to attach the wallet to the belt hoop. I bought this from Daiso (it’s actually a hat clip, but works perfectly with a wallet too)
4. A small lunchbox – some parents prefer packing lunches for the recess break. I let C buy from the canteen, but I pack her daily portion of fruits for snack time.
5. Handkerchief/a packet of tissues
6. Wet wipes – I put some in a Ziploc bag together with her lunchbox. In case of accidental messes.
7. A change of underwear
8. A watch
9. List of emergency contacts – I’ve placed copies in her wallet and school bag.
10. Hair accessories (for girls with long hair) – I almost forgot to buy the dark blue/black clips and hair ties for C. Most of hers were brightly coloured 😉
Here’s a checklist that I’ve compiled (so that I wouldn’t forget when it came to G’s turn!) => Checklist for first day of school (let me know if I’ve missed anything!)
Do you have any tips for the first day of school?