I was nominated for my second and third Liebster award by Vicki at Don’t Quit Your Day Job and Marie at My Mom Thoughts. Oh gosh… I’m really behind on my posts. The nomination by Vicki was done in May (!!) Once again, thank you to Vicki and Marie for taking the time to nominate my little blog.
I love Marie’s recipes. Simple, but they look oh-so-delicious! If I’m going to start cooking, this recipe for pulled pork sandwiches will be on the top of my list to try.
Vicki has a great sense of humour. And she has bearded dragons for pets. How cool is that?!
If you haven’t visited Marie’s or Vicki’s blog, do pay them a visit 🙂
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and link back to the blogger(s) who presented this award to you.
2. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself and create 11 questions for your nominees.
3. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen. (No tag backs)
4. Copy and Paste the blog award on your blog
11 Questions from Vicki at Don’t Quit Your Day Job
1. Do you “feel” your age or do you feel younger or older than your age?
I definitely feel my age… especially when I keep getting woken up by the kids in the wee hours!
2. What animal best represents your personality?
A dragon – fiery when angered
3. Who is your favorite living person?
My mum 🙂
4. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
My temper… I have a quick and fiery temper 😛
5. Chocolate? Vanilla? Or strawberry?
Definitely chocolate. Dark, bitter chocolate to be exact
6. What are you wearing right now?
Shorts and a tee
7. If you were a product what would your tagline be?
8. What’s your favorite guilty pleasure TV show?
CSI (with Grishom!)
9. What distant land do you wish you could travel to?
Alaska. To see the northern lights!
10. How long does it take you to get ready to leave the house?
5 mins – to change and put on sunblock 🙂
11. If you could live an entire day as another person, would you? And if yes, who?
No, I’m pretty comfortable as myself. I would like additional time to do what I wanted though.
11 Questions from Marie at My Mom Thoughts:
1. What is your favorite part of blogging?
Getting to know people from all over the world, and finding out that we have so much in common 🙂
2. Do you have a small family or a big family?
A small family
3. What is your favorite season?
Where I am, there are no seasons (perhaps only the rainy season). If there were the four seasons here, I think I would like spring. Cool temperatures, with pretty flowers in bloom.
4. What is your favorite food?
Potatoes! No doubt about that.
5. How often do you cook in your house? Or does someone else cook for you (including take-out)?
I don’t cook. We go over to my mum’s place for dinner (lucky us!)
6. Where do you shop online? eBay, Amazon, JCPenny, Kohls, Walmart, Target, Office Depot…?
Amazon, book depository, fishpond 🙂
7. Have you ever travelled to another country? If so, where?
Yes, I’ve been to France, Italy, Japan, USA, Greece, Australia, Thailand, Taiwan, China, Indonesia and Malaysia.
8. Do you take a vacation every year?
Yes, even if it’s a short getaway. I need a break from work!
9. Have you ever gone to a family reunion?
Yes. We have family reunions every year during Chinese New Year 🙂
10. What is something that you keep loosing? Keys, Money, Jewelry, Important Papers, The Wireless Mouse (thanks Little Man!)…?
Hair! Haha, just kidding. I tend to lose stationery.
11. What would you like to see me blog about? A certain topic, a specific recipe, more pictures…?
More recipes please ! I love the simplicity of your recipes, and if I have the chance I would definitely try some of them 🙂
Now, 11 random facts (sorry I’m cheating here, but 22 random facts is a loooong list!)
1. I like looking at water… in the pool, in the ocean, the rain. It calms me.
2. I’m currently in love with Korean beauty products. So much cheaper, and just as effective!
3. I prefer talking one-to-one, rather than conversing in a group.
4. I love visiting museums. My favourite museum to date is the Lourve.
5. I enjoy spicy food.
6. Given a choice, I don’t eat baked beans or sardines in a can – bad memories, haha!
7. I like to learn about all sorts of religion.
8. I’m currently reading How to Stop Worrying and Start Living by Dale Carnegie (it’s a reading assignment for class!)
9. I learnt martial arts as a child.
10. My first dog was a Pomeranian.
11. I’m left-legged but right-handed.
My 11 completely random questions to my nominees:
1. Chilli sauce (or hot sauce) or ketchup?
2. Heels or sneakers?
3. Do you believe in ESP?
4. Which is your favourite nursery rhyme?
5. Of the 7 dwarfs in Snow White, which is your favourite?
6. What is your favourite quote?
7. What is your comfort food?
8. Do you have a lucky number? What is it?
9. What is at the top of your bucket list?
10. Do you prefer eating vegetables or meat?
11. If you were granted one wish by a genie, what would you wish for? (no wishing for more wishes!)
So here are my 11 nominees (in no particular order). Do check them out!
1. Growing with the Tans
2. Mama Miller Parenting
3. Mummy Flying Solo
4. Persephone: Parent
5. Fascinations of a Vanilla Housewife
6. Máthair Fiona
7. Working Mother Assistant
8. Mommy Training Wheels
9. Brooke’s Voice
10. Our Homeschool Experiment
11. A Game of Diapers
p/s.: I promise I haven’t forgotten anyone… I’m still trying to play catch-up with the other acceptance and nomination posts 🙂 There will be more coming up soon!
Congratulations! I feel like i know you more now 🙂 and thank you for the nomination too!
Thanks and you’re welcome! Looking forward to your post 🙂
Congrats! And, I too am a lover of water…especially large bodies of water that create a surf. It makes me happy!
Thank you! Isn’t great that you stay in Florida with such nice beaches?
Thanks for the nomination! Will try to answer those questions, though some are really tough. 🙂
You’re very welcome! No worries, take your time (I took 3 months :P)
Thank you! 🙂
Big congrats! And a big thanks for the award! You rock! 🙂
You’re welcome! 🙂
Pingback: Thank you for the award love folks! | mummy flying solo
Congratulations, my friends! Awards well deserved~ Cheers!! 😀
Thank you 🙂
You’re welcome and have a great day ahead, cheers!! 😀
Random fact 11 is interesting! Haha I am the same without realizing. I’ve always assumed it was the norm to be left- legged?? :p
haha… we have so much in common 🙂